Stay informed

Borough meetings are held at the Borough office (3 Bennett St.) at 7 pm every third Tuesday of the month.  Public presence is always encouraged and welcome.

Work sessions are held 7 PM every first Wednesday of the month and are also open to the public.  Look for our newsletter on the back of your monthly sewer bill.

Garbage day is Wednesday.  Please be sure to have your cans to the curb by 7 am.

McKean County Dog licenses can be obtained online... (Click Here)

Where to Report:

  1. Street Light outages                              Borough              (814) 225-4777
  2. Pot holes                                                 Borough              (814) 225-4777
  3. Power lines/outage                                Penelec           1(888) 544-4877
  4. Water issues                                       Water Auth.           (814) 225-3310
  5. Property Maintenance complaints       Borough            (814) 225-4777                                   

Important Phone Numbers

·      POLICE                                                                   (814) 225-4415                     

·      FIRE DEPT.                                                            (814) 225-3126

·      BOROUGH OFFICE/SEWER & GARB.                     (814) 225-4777         

·      WATER AUTHORITY                                               (814) 225-3310

·      TAX COLLECTOR/ Shannon Brown                        (814) 225-4849

Pavilion Rental in Houben Park    Phil Labella               (814) 225-4645


Things to be aware of as a resident

You may read or obtain a copy of Borough ordinances at the Borough office or view some of them in full by clicking on the ORDINANCES tab to the right.  This is an overview of several ordinances you should be aware of as a resident of Eldred Borough.


Curfew-  #163 Persons under the age of 18 may not remain on streets, parks, etc. after the hour of 10 pm without an adult having legal custody.


Solid waste- #181 Billing is through the Borough monthly.  Pick up is once a week (Wednesday).  All waste must be drained of liquid, no more than 50 lbs, in a plastic garbage bag, in a rust-resistant, close-fitted lid with handles can and to the curb by 7 am Wednesday.  Cans must also be cleaned regularly and free of loose garbage or “build up”.  No grass clippings or trimmings in garbage or swept into the street (You can take these to the drop off point behind the sewer plant.)


Dog- #208 There are several sections in this ordinance.  No excessive noise, running at large, or defecation/ urination on property other than owners.  Clean up animal matter so as not to accumulate on property (ord. 218#). 


Sidewalks- #222 Property owners are responsible for upkeep and repair.  No obstructing, snow or ice accumulation is allowed on sidewalks.

Property Maintenance- #248



A ticketing procedure is now in place for Ordinance #248 violations.  A first offense is $25, second $50 and so on, as in accordance to Ordinance #248.


You should also be aware that if you are planning a pool installation, fence or other construction project, you should contact the Borough to see if a building permit or an assessment application is necessary to avoid penalties. 

Council Members


Mayor Shannon Weikert                     (814) 225-4777

Kimberly Weikert-President               (814) 225-3102

Kory Shay-Vice President                   (814) 225-4777

Charles Lasher                                      (814) 598-7285

Wayne King                                        (814) 225-4584

Tim Gotshall                                       (814) 225-4777


Borough Office

      Robin Mazurkiewicz           Treasurer             (814) 225-4777

      Lou Ann Hurrle                    Secretary            (814) 225-4777

School contact information

Otto Eldred School District
143 Sweitzer Dr 
Duke Center, Pennsylvania
Monday-Friday  7:30AM - 4:00PM


other helpful contacts

Audrey Irons 
Commissioners - Chief Clerk
Phone: 814.887.3200 ext 4348

McKean County Commissioners

500 W. Main Street
Smethport, PA 16749


Rep. Martin Causer

41B East Wing

PO Box 202067

Harrisburg, PA 17120



Rep. Glenn Thompson

12 Cannon House Office Bld.

Washington, DC  20515


(Susan Curekovich 814-353-0215

FEMA Concerns at Thompson's Office)


Senator Pat Toomey

248 Russell Senate Office Building

Washington, DC  20510



Senator Joseph Scarnatti

4010 Main St.

Brockway, Pa



Senator Bob Casey

393 Russell Senate Office Building

Washington, D.C. 20510


Phone: (202) 224-6324


Toll Free: (866) 802-2833
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
Comments: 202-456-1111